Before jumping into the blog I just want to share you the,
What is professional counseling?
Counseling is between the counselor and the client. The ultimate aim of professional counselors is, help clients to identify their goals and potential solutions to the problems.
Helping to overcome the emotional turmoil and mental health. In return, professional counselors improve communication and coping skills, strengthen self-esteem, and promote behavior change.
Now, I am mentally physically ready to embark on my journey to counseling. 🙂 Yayyy.!
I’m on my track.
Everything is ready now and I have asked all “WH” question to myself,
- What? I am going to do “CAREER COUNSELING”
- How? Through the “PSYCHOMETRIC TEST“
- Through how? Created for their career growth called CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN” (CDP).
- Who is your audience? schools/school students are my major target audiences.
- Any Exception? No, Even College students can take it and even anyone who undergoing career mental trauma.
Do you think this is the Simple process?
Of late, The following were my observations at that time.
- I have realized that my Target Audiences are not enough to understand what I am talking about “career counseling”.
- A lot of parents communicated during the conversation that “I know better about my son/daughter”. Inbetween why the term called ‘career counseling’?
- Parents’ would inquiry, do you understand and find out children capabilities and inner talents than us?
- Some parents boldly say, we never followed any rules for choosing an education/career. We follow our own rule and have already decided that my son/daughter is going to take up the “medicine” for his/her higher studies. You can’t stop them from doing this.
- Why are you diverting our goals? As a parent, we have our dreams (!) what my son/daughter want to become. Who you are in between?
( Literally, I wanted to laugh hard for their conversation 😂 and I’m quite surprised, How come parents be a ruler in choosing children’s career/higher studies. Instead, they can be a better guide. (Sounds good right ).
There are so many overwhelming reactions/responses like this. Many times I regret their ‘parental behaviors’ and their ignorance or innocence.
By hearing all these mixed versions of their feedback, I was thinking that “Yes, I should be here doing something for the students”.
My confidence has been increased now 😃. One thing I have noticed that nobody is doing only this service. Additionally, providing a few more services also.
Also, In this niche (I would say ‘micro-niche’), parents and even a lot of service providers are not very clear about what really all about the counseling is?
Because there are so many platforms around us that give you the psychometric test for free. However, nobody can understand the report and nobody has no interest in explaining also.
Still, I remember my first client in career counseling. The inquiry came through after seeing our website information.
And he has paid through the online gateway and he has gone through the psychometric test and he got the report. He was really satisfied with the report and the next level is, He needs to go through the “Career development process”
He was from Pune. (I remember well 😊)This has happened immediately after I have given a “GOOGLE AD” Through AD within a month I have given the service to almost 9 people throughout India.
But, I am not even surprised to see that none inquiry came from Tamilnadu or Chennai region (India) Because we are not in the practice of taking “career counseling” from experts.
I wanted to scale up this business across South India or at least across PAN India. Yes.!
But, here I have done one thing. I have asked the listed below questions to myself.
- So,I have decided to be in this niche, Are people really knowing about me or about my service?
- What’s stopping them to take the service from me?
- First of all, Why do they come to me to take up this counseling process for their kids?
- What is the value I am creating for them?
- Do people know me as a brand or as a person?
Immediately after asking the above questions, I have started writing the book on counseling on my own. Yes, that’s my pride. 😇
Quiet twist right ?! ✌️
(To be continued in my next blog)
Mindset Matters-A Startup- Part-6
Career Counseling-A Startup – Part-5
Positivity Mind Wins Over Ego – Part-4
A Thought From New Jersey– Part-3
A Story Of My Entrepreneurial Journey – Part-2
What is meant by business? – Part-1